The purpose of Nanaimo Christian High School is to develop Christian leaders by teaching every subject from a God-centered worldview; instilling strength of character and courage to obey God’s Word, which will result in true prosperity and success; developing leadership qualities, which will allow our students to impact their world for Christ; and providing the opportunity for academic excellence.
Students are challenged to develop and mature in faith, academics, interpersonal relationships, social awareness, individual talents, leadership, and service.
As a partner with families and local churches the school strives “to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:12-13).”
High school is a vital training ground for life—from continued education to the future that lies beyond. Nanaimo Christian School is equipping a generation of learners for lives of leadership and success, grounded in strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
Every NCS’s high school student’s experience includes many focused opportunities to develop the attributes that are outlined in the Graduate Profile. This profile provides the end goals for successful graduation from NCS. The opportunities include:
• Relevant and engaging academic coursework
• Mentorship in character and relationship building through cross-graded advisory groups
• Intentional leadership development in areas of strength, interest and calling
• A personal portfolio of academic and extracurricular achievement cumulating into a final presentation
• Extensive Bible knowledge
• Daily encouragement and opportunities to deepen relationship with Jesus