Kingdom Kids Preschool and Jr Kindergarten
Kingdom Kids Preschool is a learning through play and growing in faith licensed Preschool program. We believe that each child is a unique individual who has the ability to develop to his / her fullest potential when given opportunities to grow through a blend of physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual experiences. This is complimented by a warm, respectful, play-centered environment with qualified Christian educators.
Currently there is 1 Kingdom Kids Preschool location at Nanaimo Christian School (on-site)
The program operates:
- Preschool – Monday through Friday – 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Jr Kindergarten – Monday through Thursday – 11:45 am – 3:00 pm
Preschool provides theme-based learning experiences that captivates children’s interests, sparks curiosity, and fosters creativity. During each week, learning experiences are structured to include Library, Music, Joy Time (Christian Storytime), Art Activities and Gym Time.
Our goal is to prepare each child for Kindergarten, especially in regards to social and early academic experiences. We want this “first school experience” to be positive and spark the fire of learning for years to come.
How is Jr Kindergarten different from the Kingdom Kids Preschool program?
The afternoon program will be for 4 or 5 year olds only with the purpose of preparing, exploring and creating for Kindergarten readiness. This developmentally appropriate program is in a smaller group setting which provides more time to learn skills needed to be ready and successful in Kindergarten. This program is also progressive so the skills learned will be building on themselves throughout the year. We will have opportunities to learn through play as well, but there will also be extra activities like:
- Handwriting without Tears – to build confidence with fine motor skills and printing
- Letter recognition and phonetic learning – to grow early literacy skills
- Math fun – to explore numbers and counting
- Small Group exploration – to learn turn taking, sharing, expressing ideas with peers in a safe environment
- Science and baking times – to look and taste all the amazing and interesting things around us
- Bible times – exploring Bible stories and applying to our daily life
We are a busy, fun, learning preschool. It’s a great place to be!