Congratulations to Kassandra Richardson, a 2019 NCS graduate and new student at Trinity Western University in Langley! In July she was awarded the Oikodome Foundation Bursary of $2,000 per year for up to four years.
The bursary is the result of a new partnership between the Oikodome Foundation and Nanaimo Christian School to support students pursuing studies at a Christian college or university.
Kassandra was chosen based on selection criteria that included:
- A person of good character who desires to equip themselves through their studies to live and serve in a God-honouring way.
- A student who has achieved at a high level, but does not need to be the top academic
- A student who has contributed to the Christian community at Nanaimo Christian School in a positive way, through involvement in athletics, fine arts, leadership, mentoring or other qualifying contributions.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Enrolling in a Christian university or college.
Oikodome is a Greek noun translated as edification, which visualizes the building of a home, a place of safety, intimacy and beauty – a place where the Spirit dwells. The Oikodome Foundation, based in Langley, supports and encourages individuals by means of bursaries or scholarships to pursue courses of study that are beneficial to the Church of Jesus Christ.
For more information on the foundation, visit http://www.oikodome.ca.