In our ongoing efforts to equip and educate parents on cell phone use, social media and online activity, this week at NCS we showed the latest Screenagers Movie “THE NEXT CHAPTER: Uncovering Skills for Stress Resilience.”
Some of the hardest and scariest things we deal with now are all linked to screen time – bullying, pornography, identity issues and more. We often hear that parents wish they knew more, and earlier, how to deal with all of this.
The Next Chapter Screenagers film highlights the most current research on how the digital age is impacting the emotional health of students and, most importantly, what can be done in our schools and homes to help them build crucial skills to navigate stress, anxiety, and depression in our digital age.
Here are links to resources from the movie and the discussion that followed:
- Parenting Skills – Building skills for stress resilience
- Tips for screen time balance
- Mindfulness apps
- Weekly blog to help manage and reduce screen time struggles
- Qustodio: Internet parental control app
- Axis: Christian-based conversation kits and parent guides
You can find these and more on our Resources page.