Updated: Sep 26, 2022
Introducing a new middle school teacher at NCS
Meet Mr. Isaac Henderson, a new middle school teacher at Nanaimo Christian School! Here are 7 things you need to know about him.
1. What’s your job title at NCS? Middle School Teacher, with a Grade 7/8 Homeroom
2. Tell us a bit about your work before coming to NCS. Before NCS, I worked full-time in the trenches of camp ministry! I was blessed to have the opportunity to work with leadership development programs, which helped to grow students who sought to deepen their faith and learn more about what it means to serve others. This came in the form of teaching sessions about faith, God, and the Bible, and helping coach these young people as they took on responsibilities like leading a cabin of younger kids for the first time.
3. What do you love most about the type of work you do? Working with youth-aged students has always been a passion of mine, especially during the formative years in the lives of these young people. Seeing their growth, not just physically but mentally and spiritually as well, has been such a motivating factor in my desire to continue working side-by-side students for many years to come.
4. If you were an animal, what animal would you be? Why? I have been told many times that I would be a cat, and I think they are probably correct. Lounging in the sunshine, hanging out, and eating good food are some of my favorite hobbies.
5. What’s your secret talent or party trick? I will beat you at all Halo video games.
6. What are your hobbies? If you can do it in the summertime, I’m a big fan of it. When it’s rainy and cold outside, you can catch me playing Mario Party, binging Star Wars, and sipping warm drinks.
7. What’s one thing God has been teaching you this year? Patience and faithfulness - through seasons where the end of the tunnel may seem far away, it can be easy to ask God when the end will arrive, or why I’m still in the tunnel in the first place. We may not always have the answers, but we do have a God who hangs in the tunnel with us, and that is pretty cool.