NCS at a Glance
Founded in 1982, Nanaimo Christian School is central Vancouver Island’s only Christian school. Read more.
Nanaimo Christian School is certified by the Province of British Columbia and meets and exceeds all requirements of the BC Ministry of Education.
NCS is rated under the Independent School Act as a Group 1 School. It is operated by a Board of Directors and is established as a society. Read more.
BC Ministry of Education
Christian Schools International
Christian Schools Canada
Society of Christian Schools of British Columbia
Christian Educators of British Columbia
Christian Principals Association of British Columbia
Federation of Independent School Associations of British Columbia
Center for the Advancement of Christian Education
Nanaimo Christian School is a kindergarten through grade 12 independent school located in Nanaimo, British Columbia. It serves families from a broad range of neighbourhoods from Parksville to Ladysmith. There are three school divisions: Elementary School (grades K-5), Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12). The programs and curriculum meet and exceed the requirements of the BC Ministry of Education.
Nanaimo Christian School helps students explore and nurture their God-given gifts so that, upon graduation from high school, they demonstrate: academic competence, spiritual growth and lifestyle integrity. Read our graduate profile.
Nanaimo Christian School also offers an Early Care and Learning Program that includes junior kindergarten (ages 4-5), preschool (ages 3-4) and before/after-school care (grades K-5). This program is located on campus in Building B.
Campus: 10.17 acres
The NCS campus includes three classroom buildings -- Building A (grades K-2), Building C (grades 3-5), Building B (grades 6-8 upstairs; grades 9-12 downstairs) -- three playgrounds and atom ball court, a large athletic field, covered outdoor classroom gazebo and raised garden beds. Classes often access the adjacent forested play area and short trail to Cathers Lake for learning experiences. In 2022 the school purchased land across the street from the main school parking lot. Read more.
• High school (9-12): 202
• Middle school (6-8): 150
• Elementary school (K-5): 287
Faculty & Staff: 97
Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio
Tuition -- 2023-24
• High school (9-12) — $7,890
• Middle school (6-8) — $7,514
• Elementary school (K-5) — $7,514
* Families receive significant reductions in fees for additional students. Our family-based tuition rates, rather than per-student tuition, ensure that Christian education is affordable for families with 1, 2, 3 or more kids. Read more.
Students Receiving Financial Aid
• Total of 85 students in 2021-22
• Elementary school* — 8:30am - 3:00pm (12:20pm dismissal on Fridays)
• Middle school — 8:30am - 3:10pm (12:30pm dismissal on Fridays)
• High school — 8:30am - 3:15pm (12:30pm dismissal on Fridays)
• Before & After School Program — 7:00am - 8:30am, 3:05pm - 5:30pm
*staggered pick up times
• 9,900 sq. ft. double-sized gymnasium
• 2 competition courts or 1 feature court
• Weight room & locker rooms